Sunday, May 28, 2006

Memorial Day weekend at the S.H.O.P.

E and I rode up to Pops house for some Saturday night poker. Got in around 6 or so, and suprisingly found a seat open. E didnt want to play immediately, so he told me to sit down. Im wondering this moment if thats because he didnt want to sit next to the dealer, which was the same thing I was thinking.

But, I sat down, and immediately got involved in a hand with Christian, I got A/5, flopped middle pair, and continued to bet at it thinking he was on a straight draw. He ended up having two pair, and put a nice little dent in my stack early.

Getting dented early caused me to play tight. I was forced to fold suited connectors I would normally play to marginal raises before me. The table was aggresive all night for the most part. Alot of tough action, some good players, some fools, and quite a bit of gambling. If you didnt hit atleast two pair on the flop, you were probably going to lose. Saw alot of rivered bad beats as well.

I did have two good hands back to back. I got pocket Queens one hand, raise to 15, got one caller, and alot of limpers folding. Flop came nothing threatening, maybe a flush draw, and bet out. won the hand. The very next hand though, I get pocket ladies again, proceed to bet 15. Got three callers. Flop comes A/5/6, two spades. I bet out 25, Alex makes it 75, 50 on top. I think forever, convinced he had an Ace with a flush draw. But, my judgement got the better of me, and I put him on two pair A/5. I folded by Queens, and he told me I was close, showed me A/6. E says they were suited, but I dont think they were.

Anyways, I think I played good, didnt get outplayed, just took some hits early and it caused me to be cautious. Not the way I wanted to play, but it didnt bother me either. I was in a good mood last night, and the only thing I regret is not getting 300, that might have made a difference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home