Monday, May 08, 2006

Hell of a time to go cold and then hot...

Headed up to AC this weekend with the maryland crew. Trav/Nelly/Keenan went up friday, I think Pops, Syd, and Nick headed up too, overall I think Maryland was represented very well in south Jersey this weekend. I ended up leaving late Saturday morning after doing some errands for the wife, gasing up one car only to realize the tags are dead because of emmisions, and going back home to get my truck(shitty gas mileage).

I end up in AC around 4 o'clock, my father played in the Borgata 750. tournament earlier that day, and ended up busting out in the secound round because of losing back to back all ins with pockets Kings, both times he got sucked out on back to back, I think that really shocked him because he couldnt stop talking about it when I met him at Casears.

I part with my father who goes to play some blackjack. I head into Caesars poker arena and sit down at an empty table because of a short wait for a seat. I end up getting called over to open up a new table, sit down at seat 7 and proceed to get down to business. I end up pissing through my initial buy in of 240 in the first hour on sick hands that just kept getting outflopped.

One hands inparticular was pocket J's one off the button, I raise to 11, get two callers. Flop comes 3/A/9. I bet out 15 to see where im at, call, call. turn nothing, checked around, river 3, checked to me, I raise 40 into a little over an 80 dollar pot. BB folds, guy before pushes all in for a little over 250. I think, decide im beat by either an ace or 3, I fold, guy flips over A/3 off.

Sick hands like that for awhile, I rebuy for another 200, end up getting back to about even, start getting into the rythm of things, and just continued to float around even most of the night. my father stops by around 8 and tells me he got me a comped room at the showboat and gives me the room cards. I end up cashing out around 11:30 for a little under 600. I drive to the showboat, check in, and decide to take a shower, get a bite to eat, and change clothes and head down to the house of blues poker room and see whats crackin.

When I walk into the Showboat poker room, they have one table with open seats, and I go take a look, everyone at an average of about 250-300. I look at the guy in the seat 4, who seems to have two racks of reds, a tower of greens next to it, and some scattered chips next to that. So, it seems 300 is a good idea here, though I wanted to buy in for my 560 something, I decide 300 is enough.

Once again, I end up getting either cold decked, or getting PP's in the hole, with someone having a better PP against me pre flop. I end up shipping my entire 300 trying to take a chunk out of the moneybags in the 4 seat, but alas, he caught any fucking draw he needed, or any overcard he needed, and proceeded to knock me down to 100 bucks. He loses a big hand to someone else at the table when he flopped two pair and someone got a set, ends up losing about 400, and decides to cash out. So, its short handed after this with 7 people left, I end up going stone cold, try to make some moves that dont work, and end up pissing my 300 buy in away around 4 in the morning. head upstairs and proceed to PM E saying not to worry about coming up because Im probly going to leave early in the morning, pass out watching some shitty movie on the only good movie channel in the hotel(HBO), and end up getting a wake up call from my dad around 10 that woke me from my slumber, and a few messages from E saying hes already on his way up, and that I need to go make my money back, and hell spot me for the showboat tourny he wants to play in.

Ill pick up the rest of this story on my next post...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home