Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Workin for the man....

I was sitting at work today. Watching my boss ride his antes and blinds into oblivion while he was waiting for a strong hand. It got to the point where he was at 3400 in chips, with blinds are 200/400/25 on partypoker. I noticed that the man in the first position raises EVERY hand. All he is noticing is the hands when he checks, other than that, he was doing paperwork,talking to me, answering phones, etc... So, I asked him to let me give it a shot. He handed the mouse right over and let me get to work.

Started off slow, was waiting myself for a proper hand to raise a good amount and go heads up with my agressive next to me. Got Q/J suited UTG, and decided to raise to 2400, leaving myself with only about 600 left to work with, got two callers, including mr one seat. Flop comes 3/7/J, two clubs, so, I have top pair with a flush draw. BB checks, I check, seat 7 checks, turn, K of clubs. So, all I have to beat is the ACE, I push my last 600 in after seat 1 checks, seat 7 calls, seat 1 calls. river, another club. I figure Im screwed at this point, but, all cards flipped over, my Queen high flush is good, and I get back into the game with a little under 10K. I start noticing that seat 1 calls with any kind of pair on the board, doesnt matter if its middle, low, or top pair, he calls. So, I work on him for awhile, eventually building my stack up to a little over 80K.

It gets down to 75 players, table is kind of tight, luckily I only have to make it to 50 to win him a seat in the main event sattelite. Luckily, even through a string of really bad flops with strong hands that I probably overplayed, I got him to the 50. My boss tells me, if he gets a seat, I get a nice grand bonus coming to me. So, lets hope and pray on that one. I was pleased with my comeback. But I still have to learn to not get too loose with the big stack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home