Saturday, April 08, 2006

Gotta kick off the weekend with a bang...

Well, where do I start, considering this is my first post. I guess I should bring you up to speed a little about who I am, and what I do.

I guess I could call myself an amateur poker player. I dont think I am close to being a pro by any stretch of the imagination. I find myself in games alot letting people know what I have, and exactly what I am going for in each hand I play. I would like to think that I am a good poker player, but at the games I play, if you get any kind of compliment that seems genuine, you still feel like it comes with a side of bullshit. So, I never know whether I am actually improving, or simply wasting my time, and getting lucky on those few hands that someone cant fold against me, and I just seem to come out on top.

The game last night was a perfect example. Its probably around midnight or so, in a very fun local game, that might seem like its run more for the laughs than the actual poker playing. I enjoy this game very much(no, not for the abuse people). Last night started off like any other, I get up a little on a couple of mediocre hands that flop good for me, then I get ahead by maybe, 3-400, and I get a little too loose(which seems to always happen when I have a stack in front of me). But I end up donking off a good bit of my stack, taking me down to somewhere around 50 bucks, which, as it seemed to me at the time, after I lose a big pot, wasnt mine to begin with, I almost walked away from the table when I still had money to play with.

Then, it began. I catch a few hands, and take my stack back up to around 200 or so. Feeling pretty good for getting back to even almost. Its late in the session, alot of action, alot of pre/post flop moves going on. Then my favorite hand comes........

I begin the hand on the button, with a few limpers, it gets around to Dom, who is right behind me at the table, he raises to 15, I look down and wake up with Aces on the button, couldnt ask for a better hand with Dom, because he really wanted to ship the rest of my stack with his gay ass little foan FedEx truck he uses for a card protector,so...because its Dom, I reraise to all in (170+), gets around to Steve, in the BB, calls my all in after some debate on whether I actually have a hand, or just tring to make a play for whats in the middle. Steve eventually calls, another player calls my all in for 30, maybe 40. Gets back to Dom, who too calls my all in. By this time, I am a little nervous one of these players is going to outflop me. But, to mine, and everyone elses suprise Dom and Steve both flip over pocket Queens, and niether like it when I show them the bullets. Needless to say, my Rockets hold up, I bust Dom, who wouldnt let me use his little truck to ship his stack to my pile, and Steve rebuys again. Never knew what the other guy had, but he too had to rebuy. So, overall, those hands come atleast once a night for me lately. Its happened in the exact seqeunce twice at that place. So, Im fairly certain now, that considering my table rep, if I have pocket rockets, and I pop my entire stack into the pot, Im probably going to get payed off.

Its late in the session, and I am struggling to stay awake. I have maybe a little over 600 in front of me, and am just being polite because everyone wants me to stay so I can fuck off my stack( regular occurence for me if I am tired and bored). So, I get A/8 suited in the small blind, one raise from Trav, I call, its heads up. Flop comes Q/J/3, two spades, I check, Trav bets 76, knowing im on a flush draw(see how the regulars know when Im going for the flush). After some deliberation on whether Im due for a catch, I call. Turn brings nothing, Trav bets 200(gotta make em pay for those draws, right?). After what seems like forever, and me feeling I have a live ace because I have Trav on Q/K, with a possible flush draw as well, I call. River brings me nothing, I get bitter that I didnt catch, Trav reluctantly checks as well because he knows Im not getting into the pot anymore, and flips over his set of 3's. So, just goes to show, I am a little too predictable when it comes to some of my draws, ofcourse, I dont know anyone at the table who doesnt seem obvious when hes on a nut flush, or straight draw. So, after getting my stack to down below my buy in, after a little work, and some decent acting on my part I get back to 440, and cash out the night plus 200. All in all, it was probably the funniest night Ive ever had at that game, and I cant complain when I am way ahead for the year.

2 Comments:

Blogger @OnAFoldDraw said...

For "the real" hand history on your flush draw, be sure to check out my blog. You and E both got it all wrong.

And your aces... Steve made it $11 UTG, Damo made it $35, THEN you went all-in. Still a nice pot, though.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Ehonda said...

LOL I never said I had it right!

4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home