Sunday, April 09, 2006

Online Poker...

Online poker has been good to me lately. I cashed out last week for 275.00(250 after they take that damn proccesing fee). And yesterday, since I couldnt make it out to any home games, I decided to jump in a .50/1. game on Absolute. Ofcourse, I come into a room where one guy has like 170 on him, compared my 40 dollar buy in, and he proceeds to hammer the table pretty much every other hand. Now, normally I love people like this, because when you have the nuts, and make it look like your stealing, they will call you down with A high thinking its good, so, normally this is what I want.

It didnt go exactly according to plan, this prick actually got me down to 15 at one point. But, after two good hands that got me back to 40, I was back in the game so to speak. Alot of action after that, as the table filled out. Eventually I got to around 120. As I was saying before, this prick starting pushing on one hand where I raise 4 dollars with A/Qo, he then proceeds to take it to 25. I call, flop comes 10/Q/4, two clubs, he comes out for 50, I reraise like 40 more putting me all in. He calls, turn club, river blank. He mucks, I win the hand with top pair. I clean him out and he leaves before the chips move to my seat. Needless to say, I go into the history to see he pushed me with A/4o, and actually thought his bottom pair on the flop was good.

Im just glad that the cash games arent becoming a suckout fest for me, It used to be that I could double my stack up, only to get all my money in the middle with the best hand, and getting sucked out on with pitiful fucking hands. I have to say, my game has improved dramatically over the past 6 months or so, with the videos I watch, the books ive read, and the online/home games time I have put it, I realistically think this can be a plus year for me. Im already ahead atleast 4 grand since January. And, I usually only buy in for 200 at any game I play, and rarely rebuy, so I keep my losses to a minimum. All in all, I feel confident in my abilities, and my reads on people have gotten quite better. Though, when Im tired all that goes out the window, considering what happened to me friday night when I was struggling to stay awake. How do guys like Trav, Nick, Steve, Mike keep it together at 5 in the morning? I dont think Ill ever know. I made it clear a long time back, Im not a rounder, I cant do 12/18 hour sessions like them. My clock starts winding down around 1 in the morning, after that, anything can happen. Oh well, Im happy to be on the winning end of poker these days, instead of trying to play catch up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keenan Keeling said...

It's not that the guy thought his bottom pair was good...it was that after making it $50, he couldn't fold for your all-in of $40 more. There's too much in the pot, and he's got outs.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home