Monday, April 10, 2006

Steves aqaurium....

Man, what a perfect name for the game that Steve has. I personally like Steve, and I respect his game. But the short bus people that got dropped off at his house last night were a massacre waiting to happen. E can tell you some of it, and to make myself look more like a tool, he warned me to walk softly and carry a big stick, only swinging it when I was sure Id get snapped off.

I swear, two guys at this game made it seem like they belonged in a 20/40 limit game or some shit. 25 preflop with 4/7 suited? After I raise 11 with 6's. Flop had to make me nervous enough with A/5/2 rainbow out there. I bet 20, call, turn brings a 7, and I just seriously have a feeling thats a bad card, so I check, guy raises 50. I fold, he shows me his 4/7, and I just cant help keeping my mouth shut calling him flipper, and telling him not to fucking irritate me because Im gonna hand him his ass when I get the chance. Well, maybe that was a bad idea, as E pointed out to me, I let these guys know my entire strategy, and he was dead on for that. Everytime I got a premium hand and flopped it, Id push too hard, and get those Corkies to fold. I did get back to even when a new guy showed up, his very first hand. I get KK on the button, he gets QQ in the big blind. I raise 11, he reraises me 40. I push my last 101 all in, he thinks about it for awhile, thinking I have A/K and its a race, he decides to call me. We flip it over, and I out last him.

Later on in the evening after a 100 dollar rebuy, Im up to 200, I get pocket 6's in middle position. I believe BB raises 15, I call, another guy in the SB calls. Flop comes 6/7/9. I flop my set, two spades on the board. SB goes all in for 93, dollars, BB calls, I call, turn brings a 7, I push my last 36 in, BB calls. river brings a blank. I think one of them hits that straight, other one misses the flush draw. Nope, I say I have a boat, SB is distraught, BB guy winces for a sec and says, "yeah, you got a boat, but I got a better one" and shows me his pocket 9's. Fucking sick hand, and Im 300 stuck at Steves house.

Steves a good host, and like E, I dont like getting run over anywhere. So, hopefully next time my stick will crack some skulls next time, because that was a donk fest and a half. Those guys love open ended,gutshot, and flush draws. Middle pair is a raising hand, and pot odds rule the roost. It was just fucking sick. And I thought Ive seen some sick shit in poker games. Never had a set over set flopped against me, but I guess theres a first for everything. I plan on getting payed next time me and E go up there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home