Wednesday, April 26, 2006

S.H.O.P. spells Sauna!

Went to Pops house last night with E, and Kenny. Had an interesting drive up that way joking around with E and Kenny, watching Kenny flash some girl hoping shell flash back, and freaking Kenny out because he thinks I drive like a maniac. E never complains about my driving, but Im sure I made him nervous driving my Ram 1500 like its an Eclipse. Hearing Kenny sitting in the back seat complaining like an old woman was well worth driving like I wanted to run into a tree. The ride home was just as enjoyable because Kenny is apparently one of those bitch people who drives 15 miles below the speed limit when it rains, me doing 90 down route 100 and 97 didnt do anything but make him cry like a little girl more. Next time I think Ill top off the speedometer. And just for everyone that doesnt know, Jesus was black, because Kenny says so.

Ok, back to the original intent of this blog. I really suck at tournament play. I literally blinded myself to death throughout the entire thing. I caught exactly two hands, putting myself all in both times to double up again and continue blinding off for the rest of the night. I saw maybe 4 good hands the whole night, and was not in a gambling mood, choosing instead to lay low and hopefully make a final table, but alas. I get "the beast" (for those of you who dont know, the beast is Pops favorite hand of J/10), and it was suited no less. I was UTG, and decided to pick up the 800 in blinds and antes that were on the table by going all in for a little over 3000. It folds to Keenan, who is two spots behind me, he asks for a count, and says call. I have him covered, it folds around, Keenan is hoping I have two big cards, I did, sort of, and he flips over lucky number 7's. Keenan proceeds to wait for one of my cards to spike, and Im waiting to see the beast not work for me once again. Keenan makes it to the river, and Im left with 400 in chips, all in very next hand, and lose my pair of 7's to a pair of 10's, out of the game. Maybe Keenan can play after all...lol.

I sit around for a little while because Kenny is still in the tourny, and E is dealing the final table. Eventually Travis gets around to asking me if I wanna play heads up when I come back inside from the fresh air into Pops sauna. I decline, because even though Im ahead against Trav heads up in cash games, I think playing him heads up is suicide, especially when we have even stacks. Instead, Trav, Niel, Pops, and I decide to play some low limit dealers choice, Trav fronts me the 50 dollars until Friday and we get down to business.

We proceed to start with Omaha Hi/Lo, ofcourse its a game Ive never played. But that didnt stop the deck from smacking me in the head, turning me sideways, slapping my ass, and paying me off like a mobster bookie. It was actually quite entertaining, but only because I was on the winning end. I caught any and every draw I could think of, I even won when I thought I had lost. The flops I was getting were ridiculous, and it payed off alot. I even got Pops to start ranting at a low stakes limit game, that was priceless. We played a round of Stud, Hi/Lo, Hi, Limit Hold em, and I believe Omaha Hi. I think I played in almost 90% of the hands played during the every round, and won probably about 85% of the hands I was involved in, it was sick!

Payed back Trav the 50, counted out my chips twice, came to 60. Travis recounted for me, and came out with 62 bucks. So, all in all for the night I lost 38 dollars, but it was alot of fun riding up, playing in the tourny, and learning a new game and having a ball doing it. And yes Keenan, learning new games is fun, maybe I wont be a one trick pony forever after all. Pops couldnt keep himself from complaining as usual, but only because I rivered two good hands against him. I think I pissed off Niel when I turned a set in the limit hold him, making him lose alot of money with his two pair wondering what the hell I had. And I think Trav was having a good time teaching all of us NLHE whores to try something new. E sat down maybe 15 minutes before we stopped playing, so Im sure he was distraught about that. Kinda sucks too, because the only real reason we stopped is because alot of people had to work. Oh well, its something I wouldnt mind doing again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Keenan Keeling said...

Hey now! I might have played this game once or twice.

But no...if you read my blog, you'd clearly see that I DON'T know how to play this silly, silly game.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home