Sunday, April 23, 2006

Hanging with the GoodFellas

Went with E to Goodfellas game last night. Ended up coming late because of the wait list. Sat around Kenny's house trying to beat him in Madden, bullshittin with E and Kenny, and watching Kenny's PS2 freeze up every 5 minutes, ended up calling off the bet because we couldnt finish the game.

Headed over to Goodfellas, sat around 4 with 205. Played for a little over 5 hours, doubled my money a few times, only to run into some bad beats, and making stupid plays, and eventually lost the last 50 of my stack to bigslickster, on the particular hand. Im UTG with A/Ko, I raise to 15, two callers, Nick and Slickster. Flop comes Q/J/3 rainbow, I push in my last 35, Slickster thinks for a sec, thinking I have pocket Kings or Aces, says he has to call, ponders, and makes the call, flipping up K/Q. His Queen lasts, Im done.

Buy in again around 10:30 for another 100 on the board. And in the course of two hands, I more than double my money.

First hand, I raise 15 with pocket Kings, two callers, Including Nick, flop comes Q xx with I believe a spade draw. I push in my last 30, Nick smooth calls(I hope Im writing this correct Nick). He smooth calls. turn, nothing, I push in the rest of my stack, and Nick just smooth calls again. River, nothing, I show my Kings, Nick says good hand, he missed a shitload of draws.

Maybe 5 hands later, Im on the button with K/9o, 4 callers, flop comes 10/J/Q. I believe there was a 15 raise, then a reraise by PokerJoJo, I raise all in because of a possible flush draw, folds around to JoJo, I ask him if he wants a count, he says yes, I tell him the amount, and he says it doesnt matter, hes calling anyway. I show the nuts, he shows the second nuts with 8/9o, my hand stands up, no chop pot, and I end up a little over 100 ahead after two hands I played into a rebuy. JoJo said he called because he thought I had two pair. Hell of a game, got tired and bowed out early, with 80 dollars profit. Finally got E to leave at 11:30 when he went from a little over 300 ahead, to only 40. I should have stayed for him, but the fucking drive is a bitch for me, and I was going down quick. Next time me and E go to a game, were gonna have to work on a time, or Im gonna have to take an afternoon nap if we need to go allnight.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nick said...

Thats close enough... flopped a 17outer vs KK... did'nt get there

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home