Monday, November 10, 2008

Knock the dust off this blog.

Havent blogged since forever. Many things have changed in the five months or so that ive been away.

We have a new President-elect. The economy is possibly taking a turn for the better. OH YEAH! Gas prices are almost under 2.00. Talk about awesome, the wife filled up the minivan last week, and it only gouged us for 58 bucks and some change. Instead of the 90 some odd dollars it was whoring us for a few months ago. So I guess things are looking up.

Or not.

My son had to go in for surgery at Childrens to remove his tonsils and anoids on the 14th of October, needless to say I was slightly nervous, even though I had gone through a similar procedure in my early years. Luckily the doctors who performed the surgery were compitent and he came through with flying colors and gold stars.

All was good until the next day. My boy was sleeping, the wife was napping herself because my girls were at school. So I was watching tv and dozed off myself on the couch. Sometime between when I dozed off and then suprisingly woken up by my wife asking me if I was ok. I noticed I was on the floor in front of my television, my pants were soaked, I felt like my brain wanted to crawl out of my nose, and my body felt like a dead weight. When you weight 400 pounds, thats alot of dead weight.

I managed to get myself off the floor, and scrambled to the bathroom, because I had some excavating to do. I proceeded to vomit, then take a crap. As I was sitting on the throne, I realized that I had just had a seizure.

Talk about life coming back to kick you in the ass. Its been over ten years since I last had to go through this. And let me tell you, its horrible to live again. But it was something I was familiar with, and decided I would go through the motions and deal with this the same way I used to.

Not that easy. I finally was able to back to work the following week after talking it over with my doctor. The following Thursday, I went back to work, did some work in the morning, had a quick meeting with some higher up muckity mucks. Went to lunch, came back to the jobsite, and decided to call it a day. As I was finding one of the subcontractors to talk about some work from the morning for my daily reports, my tongue starting twitching.

My tongue twitching has actually happened before, with no following effects. Before it would usually twitch for a bit, then stop, it was some involintary motion that I figured was a quirk in my brain, it always stopped before after a few seconds.

This time I wasnt so fortunate, instead of stopping, it continued, the twitching progressed from my tongue to my throat, then into my jaw, then I stopped breathing. I was still conscious during this point, so I attempted to tell my coworker Jimmy to call 911, but I couldnt speak. The last thing I saw was the ceiling of my van. I woke up maybe 10 minutes later to the EMT's asking me if I was aware of what was going on. I was at that point, and talk about something freaking you out. I had never before had a seizure while I was awake, so this came as a complete shock to me. Needless to say I felt like I was run through the gauntlet again. I spent the day at the hospital on Andrews AFB, and was eventually released to go home before dinner. When we got home, I was eating my taco bell, and I had another minor attack. This time though, my wife grabbed my head, and at the point where I stopped breaking and my eyes were about to roll back in my head, it stopped. Just like that. I didnt lose consciousness, and I returned to normal within seconds. I had another headache, but that was it for that second attack. Talk about weird.

So now, I havent been to work since that Thursday, I got my last paycheck this past Friday, and I see a neurologist on Tuesday to tell me whats wrong with me. It all really sucks because Christmas is coming, I want to play poker badly, and I have like 16 bucks in my bank account. I hate bills, and I hate being sick.

But fuck it, Ill find a way to make this work. I always do. But if your bored, doing nothing, hell, even reading my blog, shout out a prayer to the big boy upstairs for me. Cuz I am kind of in uncharted territory right now for me. And I hope this has a happy ending.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home