Saturday, February 03, 2007

Jinx? Eh, maybe....

On the md-poker website I belong to, we have a little section underneath all of our posts that is reserved for a small "signature" if you so choose to use it.

I decided to be cute last week, and put "Good Poker is for Pussies" in it.

Yeah, big mistake.

I went to the Corrall Wednesday night, and proceeded to lose my ass for the first time ever at a poker game.

Usually I go to a game, and only bring between two hundred and three hundred, usually no more than that.

This time, I had money to burn, so I budgeted for five hundred.

Didnt take me very long to burn through that with some overaggresive play against really bad flops in the other players favor.

I dont think that first buyin lasted more than ninety minutes. So I went on the board for two hundred more.

Played better with that buyin, but I was still playing short stack most of the night with that. I eventually got all my money with Jacks against E's flopped set of 10's.

I decided I wanted to try my luck one more time, even though my soul was screaming for me to leave. I borrowed another two hundred from Keenan, and tryed to play better.

But I couldnt get away from the sets flopping against me. I eventually lost to Keenans flopped set of Jacks. That wouldnt have been so bad, but when I went all in after Anne's flop with my Queens on a Jack high board, Keenan pushed all in behind me because he was worried Anne was on a good draw, that it forced Anne out, after which she said good fold, because she too flopped a set. I almost sucked out a straight, but it wasnt going to work that night. I walked out dejected, and really trying to understand why I played so badly, but also lost to alot of outflopped hands. Just plain bad luck mixed with retarded play.

So, right before I leave for E's pink game, I change my signature to "I need to play good poker, Im a pussy!".

I guess that worked, because I played the best pink game of my life last night. I was flirting with a thousand part of the night, when I finally layed down hands I knew I was behind in, and rammed and jammed pots I was fortunate to be ahead in.

One key hand of the night had me flop quads against a Aces full against E. I cant remember my other two cards, but I had sixes in it. Flop came 6/6/A. I bet, got reraised, two others called. Travis might have to correct me, but I do remember capping the flop, turn, and river, with atleast five, then four, then three other people in the pot. I think E wised up on the river, and knew he was behind, but had to call just to make sure.

I had quads twice last night, pretty awesome. I even played till the wee hours of the morning with a good stack in front of me.

I did start getting cold decked around three in the morning. I was down to I believe 45 dollars at one point. That was kind of brutal considering I had 950 at one point in the night.

It got short handed not too long after three in the morning. I think that helped, I made a small comeback. And floated around 400 towards five in the morning.

The last hand of Omaha saw me scoop a huge pot of two hundred or more, and allowed me to cash six hundred fifty for the night. Sweet!

Guess I shouldnt jinx myself, or think im jinxed, because it doesnt work out too good for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home