Saturday, January 27, 2007

Bad week....

I decided to go play at Travis and Nelly's Wednesday Night Poker Coral. I originally intended to buy in for only two hundred. But Travis tells me that he needs a refrigerator picked up in Ft. Washington that he bought, and asked if I could do it. So, I end up with three hundred instead, two hundred and fifty for the fridge, and fifty for the trouble.

I was doing good for a little while. Ended up only playing about two hours again. I had one good hand with Jeff and Keenan where he tryed pushing me off with a huge draw. I called, knowing I was ahead, and hoping to stay there. I looked at Jeffs stack, he only had another hundred left, and I figured I was behind against him, but not Keenan. I call, Keenan misses a ton of outs, and Jeff shows hit two pair. I get some of Keenans stack, and Jeff gets the money from both of us. I still end up losing around two hundred on the hand.

Jeff gets me later when I look down at pocket 3's on the button. Jeff raises to 10, I call, two other people call. Flop comes A/7/3, two hearts. Checks around to me, I bet ten, folds to Jeff, who re-pops it for fourty more.

I should have slowed down right there. Even though I didnt put him on pocket Aces, I should have atleast thought about what he was raising with, instead of getting the rest of his money with my bottom set.

After a few seconds, I say all-in, and Jeff kind of matter of factly calls. I ask if he has a set, he says, ofcourse I do...lol. I cant win against Jeff, it seems he always has a set against me.

So, I busted out. went home, and slept, instead of playing until the wee hours of the morning.

I went to E's Pink game last night. More out of boredom than a need to play. Ive been brushing up on my Omaha and Stud games, so I was hoping to make a good showing. I did ok in a few hands. But overall I kept playing the wrong lows, even though I knew I was behind, or I missed some good draws that just couldnt get there.

I played till 430 in the morning, even got back to even around 3:30, but went south for the final hour we played.

Gonna be a long time before I get good enough to fold crap hands in Omaha and Stud. For now, Ill just be happy that I played past midnight.

Im also glad this bad week ended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home