Monday, June 04, 2007

What is it about online poker?!?!?!?!....

Hey you guys! Sorry I have not posted in a bit. I have been happily busy at work. Its been a huge relief to actually work an entire week, getting overtime to boot, let alone just the eight hours I would be happy to recieve on a consitent basis.

From that sentence, maybe you can tell that I have a job that is somewhat at the mercy of the elements. So, the past 5-6 months have been particularly irritating in the fact that I havent gotten a full paycheck or expense check for quite some time. Now, I no longer have to worry about that, I have been working 10+ hour days in Delaware, and essentially enjoying myself at a gravy job, the only setback is the drive. I live in Southern Maryland, and I have to drive to Newark Delaware everyday. And no, it is not a short drive whatsoever. Its atleast two hours, possibly more if you figure in traffic. I have to leave my house at 4 in the morning, and have regularly been getting home at 6-7 at night. Im not complaining, like I said, its the drive thats a pain, nothing else.

Well, maybe the fact that I havent seen a poker table more than twice in the past two months. I kind of gave up the Pink game, partly on advice, partly on the fact that I have zero discipline when it comes to hand selection at that game. I attempt to force myself to only stick with premium or marginal starting hands, only to find myself calling with something that would only look appealing in Omaha Hi, not Hi/Lo. Soooo, I am taking a break from that.

I played at Pops last tournament, a 90+10 buyin, Omaha Hi/Lo tournament. The starting stack was very generous, and the blinds were even quite managable at first. But, alas, I accumulated chips, lost them, and vice versa. I eventually ended up finishing 7th. And that was A/K/3/Q double suited, watched it fold around to the BB, who called, and ended up showing me A/A/2/K, or something close to that. I actually turned two pair, but was eliminated when BB hits a flush on the river, sending me home, and out of the money by two spots.

Thats the jist of my homegame fun in the past month and a half. I have been attempting to revive my online play.

As you can guess in the title of my post, things arent looking too good for me attempting a foothold in online play again.

I dont find myself playing bad, I have only found myself making questionable calls in tournaments, and usually on the river after some dope has gotten there, and then vauling betting me right into irritation. I wouldnt mind it so much, but I have been playing nice and tight, only to find myself in a situation I know I have to fold, but praying to God that I still have the best hand.

Yes, ofcourse I suck and call. I cant leave that money out there and believe every idiot has sucked out on me. I have non-believerism again. I actually found myself in a STT, and raising early position with A/Ko., it folds around to the button boy, who calls my raise. Flop comes out 3/K/ 9. I make a continuation bet, button boy goes all in. I decide to call, and find myself in a promising position looking at his pair of 4's, and my top pair. All is good, until I see a disgusting four on the river, felting me in the tournament.

I immediately take my remaining money into a cash game, buy in for 30 or so. And get dealt pocket Queens in the very first hand I get. I raise, ofcourse I get 4 callers. Flop comes out all low cards. I bet, get a call, everyone else folds. turn is a blank, I bet again, guy goes all in against me. I call, and I see his pocket 7's nicely behind my pair of Queens. But, as you guessed it, the bitches dont hold up, as I see a miracle 7 drop on the river. And I get felted again. Beautiful.

And thats how its gone for the past three days. Ive dropped a little over 120.00 on Bodog, trying to make some kind of a bankroll. Only to get myself into situations where the best hand just isnt standing up. And its strange.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home