Wednesday, July 26, 2006

You too can be an all around player....

Went to E's game on Friday. Its kind of a spinoff games for the local folks who want to play different versions of Poker. Omaha Hi/Lo w/half kill, and Stud Hi/Lo were the games of choice for the night. Pretty good action the entire evening, well atleast the two hours I got to play. I know now the biggest thing that killed me quickly for the night, those kill pots, you really have to lay your hand down when its only marginal. I let myself play a small two pair, not thinking Keenan had a set on the flop, I fill up on the river, but so does Keenan, I end up with 8's full, he ends up with Queens full. Oh well, not so bad, I still had about 40 left at that point. Yeah, like thats gonna happen, a few hands later in Omaha, I get pocket K/K/9/2, two clubs, Launts raises it to 10, I reraise to 15, he calls. I flop a set,with a flush draw, its a five bet to me from Launtz, I reraise to 10 again, he just calls. Turn brings an Ace, Launtz bets, I just call, river brings the case ace, Launts bets 10, I push my last 13 in, Launtz calls, and says, if you can beat quad aces you win. Nope, I muck my cards, Launtz beats me on a hand I win 92% of the time. Thats it for the night.

Ive been itching real bad to play lately, but the home life is making that difficult. The wife has really been on me about how much I play, considering I play alot less than I used to when I started out, I dont understand it. But, I have bills to catch up on, so I tell her Im gonna take some time off, I need to center myself. After starting the year off hot, Ive cooled lately. I think its because Ive been playing above my means, and thats hurting me, so I need to get back to normal, and then get back into playing, where I can play to win, instead of playing to protect my small profit.

2 Comments:

Blogger Keenan Keeling said...

KK92 in an Omaha H/L game is a terrible hand, and should be mucked preflop. And, you certainly shouldn't be reraising with it...

Just a side note.

9:07 AM  
Blogger SoveriegnOne said...

I was only reraising when I hit a set on the flop.

And as for the starting hands for Omaha Hi/Lo, I read the book, and now feel like a complete tard for all the hands I was calling with...lol.

3:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home