Sunday, June 25, 2006

Swimming in the tank can be fun....

Just got back from a wonderful night of monsoon rain, poker tournaments, and cash games. I went to Steves house to play in his 100+10 tournament. Cannot remember any momorable hands for the evening because I never really got all in until the very last hand. Most of the night saw me raising, or folding to either take down a decent pot, or folding to a better hand with good reads. I played solid poker, picked my spots, took down good pots, and generally kept myself above the chip average most of the night. The one hand I do remember, that became the only bad beat I gave anyone was when I reraised my BB with the blinds at 600/1200 to put the SB guy all in, he decided to call with what I believe was K/10, I had A/7. We both flopped a pair, him 10's, myself 7's. I thought I had doubled him up until I caught another 7 on the river to take him out and put myself into the money. Ended up cashing for 4th place after my A/K all in preflop lost to the big stack calling my 11K raise with 9/10 suited, flopping a 10, and seeing it hold up. Not happy about the call after he told me repeatedly while thinking about calling that he knew he was behind. But he did have over 70K behind him, and he would still remained chip leader even if he had lost. Still sucks though, he was playing tight up until that point, when he just all of a sudden decided to gamble. Oh well.

Jumped into the cash game with my "profit" money. Doubled up early, but saw my stack dwindle down during the night, and eventually lost to a really crappy hand that ended up flopping. Oh well, thats poker. Gonna have to do Steves as much as possible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home